The Chadds Ford Historical Society is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Office Manager to oversee the daily administrative, bookkeeping, and financial reporting tasks of the Society. In addition to managing the daily operational and financial activities of the organization, the Office Manager helps coordinate and manage a variety of processes, tasks and projects while providing support as needed to other staff members, volunteers, and the Board of Directors.
General duties include:
- Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recording of general journal entries, accounts payable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements
- Produce required monthly reporting for Executive Director, Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Work with outside auditor by providing required reporting and documentation for preparation of annual financial statements, IRS 990 and Pennsylvania BCO-10
- Maintain/Manage member, donor and grant records and acknowledgement process using PastPerfect Museum Software
- Manage the office to ensure effective and professional telephone and mail communications both internally and externally
- Coordinate schedules for part-time employees to ensure adequate staffing coverage
- Process bi-monthly payroll
- Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, POS system, etc.
- Help manage the museum store including inventory, pricing, and sales
- Provide administrative support to staff, board of directors and committee chairpersons
- Assist with preparing documents for Board meetings, trainings, and other meetings
- Perform general administrative office functions
- Assist with preparation and implementation of special events
- Three or more years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit environment; museum bookkeeping experience a plus
- Quickbooks and Microsoft Office proficiency is required; experience with Google Docs/Drive, Constant Contact, EventBrite, Signup Genius is preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with the public in a customer-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, small office environment
- Previous museum, historic site or non-profit experience is a plus
- Employment is contingent upon passing all required background checks required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to work in an environment where children are present
- Associate's or more advanced degree in accounting or finance
The Office Manager is a part-time position scheduled for 20 hours per week. The schedule is Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. Some flexibility is available with regard to schedule.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Mike Connolly, Executive Director, at email@example.com or Chadds Ford Historical Society, PO Box 27, Chadds Ford, PA 19317. Application deadline: July 23, 2018
For more information about Chadds Ford Historical Society please visit our website, www.chaddsfordhistory.org.
The Chadds Ford Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The detailed job posting and information about applying for this position can also be accessed using the link below.
Office Manager Job Posting 180703.pdf [Adobe Acrobat document]